What I can do for you.

Services provided ....

We can provide you with a range of services associated with your property or development project;

Preparation of applications for a fire safety certificate. Any proposal to build, extend, alter or change  the use of a building, other than for a few exceptions, will require a fire safety certificate be applied for and granted before works can commence. To prepare this requires detailed knowledge of the various fire safety regulations, relevant guidance documents and building practice. The supporting documents with the application will demonstrate that the design is in accordance with Building Regulations in regard to fire safety. All such applications are submitted and managed on a Governmebt website - BCMS [Building Control management System] on www.nbco.localgov.ie which requires the Applicant to interact with this website. Again, we can help you with this.

Certification of Compliance of the constructed building - Ancillary Certifier.

The FSC is really a certificate of design. For any project that requires an FSC then it will also  need a competent person to inspect the works during construction and certify compliance on completion. This role is called the 'Assigned certifier' and is a legal requirement, as well as good sence and will further protect your investment. We do not  perform this role but recomment that you appoint such a person.

Fire safety management.  We can help you develop a fire safety management plan for your premises, including a simple management structure with various essential roles assigned, develop an evacuation strategy for the building, provide training for personnel and help you to document the plan and actions achieved in a Fire Register.

Disability Access Certificates.

Its surprising how many of us are not perfect. Since Jan 2010, any building project requiring a fire safety certificate also needs a Disability Access Certificate. The aim of this is to design a building project to facilitate access and use of the building to the wide range of ability levels in the community, with particular emphasis on those with impairment of mobility, vision and/or hearing. From 2012, development of existing buildings, such as a change of use, extension or material alteration, will be required to improve the accessibility to the existing building as well as to the new works.